Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Poor Little Guy


Poor little guy...that's exactly what you would say if you saw him.
Black eye.....stitches.....limping around with a runny nose.
That's Caiden.
Saturday morning I'm alerted with "He's going to need stitches" I look around the corner to see Adam carrying Caide with a bloody left eye. He had been playing around with big sister on the trundle bed and took a little tumble - knocking his face somewhere along the way.
Poor little guy.....
Adam headed over to Care Now (because it's open on Saturday) I packed up the girls and followed.
They got him right in and proceeded to strap him down into one of those little papoose things - wow....was this hard to watch. He was crying and saying in his sweet little voice "mummy" I wanted to cry myself. I held his quivering hands while they put 3 stitches just below his eyebrow.
A few hours later he's feeling good as new. We went to visit the Grandparent's Patterson to work on Halloween costumes. Raistlyn didn't want me to tell Grandma what happened - she felt somewhat responsible...what a sweet heart. We had a lesson on "accidents happen" with her after that.
Later that evening, while changing a stinky diaper I found a strange "bump" on the top of Caiden's inner thigh. He didn't want me to touch it but I could tell it was looking similar to what we thought had been a spider bite on his leg the previous month.
Sure enough Sunday morning his leg was swollen and he was in terrible pain.
STAPH INFECTION NUMBER 2!
This time we knew what to do...it had to be drained. We soaked him in a hot bath and went to inflicting intentional pain on our little guy. For his own good of course. Monday he went to see Dr. Mac to get a shot of antibiotics and a culture taken.
Gotta find out why this keeps happening to him and what we can do to prevent it!
Adam was brought to tears having to watch Dr. Mac drain the pustule again.
Caide spent the rest of the day laying on the couch watching TV.
Ibuprofen to the rescue.
He felt alot better with a dose of the yummy pink stuff!
He's on the mend and back to his old cute self...still has a bit of a runny nose though.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Oh my goodness, poor little Caiden!!! It's so hard to watch your kids go through stuff like that. Savannah had to get her throat swabbed yesterday to check for strep and boy is she a fighter! We had to hold her down and force the swab into her mouth - it was awful. I'm sorry Caiden is having a bad week. :( He'll be in my prayers. BTW, LOVE your blog! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE those photos of your kids!