I have finally come to terms with being a rat.

Rat people are born under the sign of charm and aggressiveness. They are expressive and can be talkative sometimes. They like to go to parties and spend quiet times chatting with their friends. Although the Rat can be quiet sometimes, it is rare to catch a Rat sitting quietly.
Rat people usually have more acquaintances than real friends and they revere and cherish those close to them. Once you become their real friends, they will treat you as their family. Rats are self-contained and keep problems to themselves. And even though they can be talkative sometimes, they never confide in anyone. The Rat is quick-witted. Most rats get more accomplished in 24 hours than the rest of us do in as many days. They are confident and usually have good instinct. Stubborn as they are, they prefer to live by their own rules rather others. It won't be an easy task to work with Rat people, why? Simple, because they are also 100% perfectionists. They are very organized and talented, perhaps that is why the Rat makes a good businessman or politician. Unfortunately, as soon as the Rat earns money, it is spent. Maybe that explains why the Rat is so careful when he lends money to others. If you ever borrow money from the Rat, don't be surprised by the high-interests. The Rat is not romantic, but is sensual and loving. Rat people could be hard to see through at first glance, because they are also very protective, but even though they are not easy they are worth it - ask anyone who has a Rat for a lover, parent, child or friend. They are very loyal and devoting to their families.
The Chinese astrological cycle begins with the year of the Rat; consequently those born within this category like to be first, pioneers, at the forefront of the action. Restless and inquisitive, those born under the influence of the Rat are active, both physically and mentally, and tend to lead busy lives. Challenge is essential to them for they love the thrill of living. With clairvoyance, intuition, perspicacity and an eye for detail, Rats are formidable problem solvers, finding workable solutions to the knottiest problems. The Rat possesses attributes ranging from charming and humorous to honest and meticulous. The Chinese say those born in these years make good and wise advisers. Rats are best known for their charm. Blessed with a sharp wit, they possess a marvelous sense of humor, which makes them stimulating and amusing company to have around.
Rat people usually have more acquaintances than real friends and they revere and cherish those close to them. Once you become their real friends, they will treat you as their family. Rats are self-contained and keep problems to themselves. And even though they can be talkative sometimes, they never confide in anyone. The Rat is quick-witted. Most rats get more accomplished in 24 hours than the rest of us do in as many days. They are confident and usually have good instinct. Stubborn as they are, they prefer to live by their own rules rather others. It won't be an easy task to work with Rat people, why? Simple, because they are also 100% perfectionists. They are very organized and talented, perhaps that is why the Rat makes a good businessman or politician. Unfortunately, as soon as the Rat earns money, it is spent. Maybe that explains why the Rat is so careful when he lends money to others. If you ever borrow money from the Rat, don't be surprised by the high-interests. The Rat is not romantic, but is sensual and loving. Rat people could be hard to see through at first glance, because they are also very protective, but even though they are not easy they are worth it - ask anyone who has a Rat for a lover, parent, child or friend. They are very loyal and devoting to their families.
The Chinese astrological cycle begins with the year of the Rat; consequently those born within this category like to be first, pioneers, at the forefront of the action. Restless and inquisitive, those born under the influence of the Rat are active, both physically and mentally, and tend to lead busy lives. Challenge is essential to them for they love the thrill of living. With clairvoyance, intuition, perspicacity and an eye for detail, Rats are formidable problem solvers, finding workable solutions to the knottiest problems. The Rat possesses attributes ranging from charming and humorous to honest and meticulous. The Chinese say those born in these years make good and wise advisers. Rats are best known for their charm. Blessed with a sharp wit, they possess a marvelous sense of humor, which makes them stimulating and amusing company to have around.
Now, I don't know about ALL that but, I do think the above describes ME quite well! I highlighted the section about friendship because it resonated so deeply. I don't have a lot of friends. I do however, have some of the best friends imaginable. Ones that I need to stay in closer contact with. This is a call to action for me.
The only way to have a friend is to be one.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wanna Be My Friend?
(I'm always looking for new ones.)
Just for fun....more info on the Chinese Zodiac:
Before Buddha left earth, he called for all the animals to see him for the last time. Only 12 came to him and it is these who are honoured by having its own year to govern over. Each animal has its own characteristics and being born under a particular zodiac sign will impact on your personality, relationships, life in general. Each of the 12 animals rules a particular year in rotation. In addition to lending its characteristics to people born during that year, it also influences the quality of a particular year. So according to Chinese Astrology knowing which animal rules a future year can help you plan in advance for the trials and triumphs that year might bring.Rat 1996-1984-1972-1960-1948-1936-1924
Ox 1997-1985-1973-1961-1949-1937-1925
Tiger 1998-1986-1974-1962-1950-1938-1926
Rabbit 1999-1987-1975-1963-1951-1939-1927
Dragon 2000-1988-1976-1964-1952-1940-1928
Snake 2001-1989-1977-1965-1953-1941-1929
Horse 2002-1990-1978-1966-1954-1942-1930
Goat 2003-1991-1979-1967-1955-1943-1931
Monkey 2004-1992-1980-1968-1956-1944-1932
Rooster 1993-1981-1969-1957-1945-1933-1921
Dog 1994-1982-1970-1958-1946-1934-1922
Pig 1995-1983-1971-1959-1947-1935-1923

5 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words.
Are you in Bedford, MA? We used to lived there, until about two years ago. It was a great town - we really loved it.
Actually, we are way south in Texas...Bedford is a suburb between Dallas & Fort Worth.
Who doesn't like Chinese food?! There's a real good Chinese restaurant where I live (love their "Heavenly" chicken! Other places call it "Orange."), but I wish we had more. Something like PF Chang's would probably do well here.
I was also born under the Year of the Rat. I'd say that most of these characteristics are true...being inquisitve and a perfectionist. However, I don't have any aspirations of becoming the next Hillary Clinton! ;)
So, I know that I don't really know you, but just going off the posts that I have read, I would have to say the part about "Rats" getting more done in a 24 hour period then most people get done in a day, I would have to agree must be you. I'm so impressed by all the things you are able to accomplish. I'm assuming you are on the go at all times. I need to be more like that.
BTW sorry it has taken me so long to comment on your blog. I've been taking a little blogging break lately. I hope I'm back in the routine again.
Post a Comment