Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Heart Day Crafty Things

In leiu of Christmas cards our family traditionally sends out Valentine's Day Cards - Here is our 2008 version.
This card was SO time consuming because of all the ribbon that I had to limit how many I made but they turned out so incredibly beautiful. The family pic was just quickly taken at Portrait Innovations - they do a good job and are incredibly affordable for a large quantity of prints!


These are the Valentine's that I made for Raistlyn's first grade classmates. The heart was cut out of stiff felt and glued on so it puffed up really cute. The card was just attached with really sticky glue dots to the packaging. Kids love these glow bracelets...good alternative to candy for sure! You can't see in the pictures but I tied a cute ribbon to the end of each package.


Then I made up a few of these cute tin mailboxes. I gave one to Mrs. Whitehead - Raistlyn's wonderful teacher, sent one to Adam's sister Kathleen (since her Christmas box got lost in the mail), gave one to my sweet friend Irma (as a thank you for all her carpool help), and of course I had to keep one for myself.
Hope they enjoyed the sweet treats too!

4 comments:

Little Sister Pixie said...

You are a crafty one! Have you ever considered selling your crafts, either online or at a craft bazaar? Cute family portrait!

Jen said...

Thanks! I only wish I had time to make a living out of it! Just do what I can for hobbie's sake and to keep my sanity. You'll have to give me your address so that I can make you the recipient of "good mail" sometime.

Shelley a.k.a. Momma said...

This is my first time to your blog via tip junkie. Very cute ideas! I love the idea of doing a Valentine's card instead of Christmas. My boys would LOVE those glow sticks! Thanks for the tips...I will be back!!

Two Little Lambs said...

Saw your blog via Tip Junkie. Love the decorated Valentine boxes! Just saw them at target today. Now I must go back and get one for myself...